Gain experience in class and on the floors with our critical care and trauma nurse internships.
The critical care and trauma nurse internship at Parkland Health & Hospital System is a 28-week course of study that involves both formal classroom presentations and supervised clinical experience. This program has been approved by an American Association of Critical Care Nurses provider under established guidelines.
- Designed for the recent baccalaureate graduate and conducted annually, beginning in August.
- Nurse interns have the option of enrolling in the graduate program at the University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing.
- Six hours of graduate credit are obtained upon successful completion of the program. Lecture content includes pathophysiology, diagnostic work-up, medical management and nursing care.
- The clinical experiences assist the nurse intern in applying the information to the care of the patient with multi-system disease or injury.
- Clinical rotations during the internship include the medical respiratory ICU, coronary care unit, surgical trauma ICU, neurosurgical ICU, burn ICU and emergency department.
- Shift rotations and weekend duty assignments are included throughout the program.
To find out more about the Parkland critical care and trauma nurse internships, please contact us.